In this article, you will know everything about is upGrad MBA worth it, this article is very important for students who want to do MBA at upGrad.
According to Forbes some 56% of those studying for an MBA are now doing online courses. In the same article they quote studies that show that on graduation from an online MBA the students will have on average increased their salaries by 41% and within 5 years they will have gained an additional 56%.
Also Read: MBA in Entrepreneurship Abroad: 5 Tips
Is upGrad MBA Worth it?
Is upGrad MBA worth it? the answer is YES, you should surely go ahead and obtain an MBA with upGrad without hesitation. But as with any online course you do need to do your homework to ensure that you are getting value for your money and that your degree when awarded is going to be of value.
What are the Pros of upGrad MBA?
- According to the passouts database, after your upskilling, you’re more likely to get promoted and better positions.
- Everything can be done from the comfort of your own home.
- Learning is enjoyable and meets the needs of the information era. We have the opportunity to learn directly from industrialists, that is not offered in other distance MBA programs.
- It just takes 6–8 hours weekly basis, so even if your weekdays are busy, you can squeeze in 6–8 hours on weekends.
- You receive alumni status from the university where you are enrolled.
What are the Cons of upGrad MBA?
- You can learn anything, but your interaction with your classmates is limited to the upGrad discussion forum.
- Online sessions are rarely scheduled on weekdays, and recordings are usually available within a day or two.
You also have to realize that a large part of the value that comes with an MBA degree actually comes from the connections that you make. Networking is a valuable part of any MBA program as you will get to meet many people that can be very valuable connections for your future career. With an online degree this can be sadly lacking.
The biggest thing of course regarding taking an online MBA is that they are often considerably cheaper and also you get to pick the time when you want to do your work.
Many taught degrees are either full time or will take up a few days of your time each week as you continue to work. Something that not all those wanting to study for an MBA can manage while working full time.
Is doing MBA from upGrad worth it in India?
The above question is very popular. The answer is YES, MBA from upGrad worth it in India. There are some reasons for it.
- While pursuing an MBA from an international university, you can continue to get professional experience.
- MBAs from prominent universities such as Deakin, Liverpool, and others are available.
- You will receive certification from IMT Ghaziabad, one of India’s top management institutes.
In theory, anyone could set up an MBA program and issue you a certificate; however that certificate would be worthless if the program of education is not accredited. Accreditation is done by several different bodies in the US and across the world to check the level of education that is provided for both taught and online degrees. You should always ensure that if you select a program that the college or school offering the program is accredited to provide an MBA.
The following are some of the different accreditation bodies that will review the quality of an MBA program:
- AACSB – Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- ACBSP – Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
- IACBE – International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education
- AMBA – Association of MBAs
- EQUIS – European Quality Improvement Syatem
- FIBAA – Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation
- CEEMAN – Central and East European Management Development Association
There are many others that are used around the world and if you are looking to apply to a less well known school offering an MBA you should always check their accreditation and who their accrediting body is to make sure that they are offering you worthwhile education. So, check out this online MBA programs rankings.
There is still some stigma involved with completing an online MBA compared to a more traditional taught format, although that is becoming less.
While some less respected online degree courses will accept just about anyone if you are going to apply to one of the better programs you will still have to compete for one of the places that are available. So you have to be ready with your flawless MBA candidate resume and other paper!
If this article, helps you to know about is upGrad MBA worth it? then share this article on any social media.